★ SCHOOL ELECTIONS ★FILING FOR A SCHOOL BOARD ELECTION
- The filing deadline for School Board elections is the first Friday in March at 4:30 p.m.
- School Board members elected to full school board terms after December 31, 2021, are four (4) years, per the provisions of HB92.*
- Contact the Department of Elections if you have any questions.
- School Boards Link: https://elections.delaware.gov/
Seats up for election
- School Board Election Schedule
- School Board Filing Information
- School Board Candidate Filing Packet
- Elections Calendar
- Eligibility to Vote
- Filed School Board Candidates
Sussex County School Districts**
ONLINE, ANY TIME Sign up for School Board Training Email Updates! Leadership Institute - School Board Campaign Training Get the skills to wage and win your campaign for school board. You will receive more than 11 hours of comprehensive LI training on topics like how to create a compelling message, how to rally voters, how to handle the media, and much more for a winning campaign. When: On-Demand Where: Online Cost: Now at no cost to you for a limited time thanks to LI’s generous donors! Details & Registration:School Board Campaign Training
*Fills balance of unexpired original term.
Note: Terms of office changed to four years for School Board Members elected after 2021 per HS1 for HB92.