REGISTRATION AND CONFISCATIION ARE THE PLAN OF THE DAY IN THE DELAWARE SENATE
SENATE BILL 3
UNCONSTITUTIONAL – SEXIST – RACIST – ECONOMICALLY DISCRIMINAORY – UNNEEDED – AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
READ SENATE BILL 3 HERE
This very bad Bill would:
· Require a permit to purchase a handgun – I guess they want us to use AR-15’s for defense of self, family and home
· Each permit would be good for only 180 days
· Require that the application for a permit be filed under oath and in writing – presumably in person – sounds like a trip to Dover
· Require an investigation by Homeland Security – that can take up to 30 days – sounds like a 30-day waiting period – and there’s no penalty if they take longer, and you know they will –
· Require fingerprinting – applicant bears the cost.
· Prohibit felons, mental patients and others from getting permits – but allows illegal aliens from other lands to get a permit – despite being prohibited under federal law-
· Require an extensive and expensive training course – every 5 years.
· Create a searchable database and requires all information about you and your permit and any gun you buy to go into that database – that’s REGISTRATION
· Require FFL’s to send copies of federal 4473 forms to Homeland Security – a violation of federal law – more Registration – and we know why they want REGISTRATION, don’t we… only one reason….CONFISCATION – see below
· Allow Homeland Security to revoke your permit – without notice, without a hearing and without other due process safeguards – yes, you can appeal, at your expense – and by then it’s too late if you really need a gun for self-defense or home defense
· Calls for Homeland Security to come to your home and CONFISCATE firearms of those whose permits are revoked – again, no hearing, no due process
· Create a whole new bureaucracy within State government at taxpayer expense – (will this mean another tax increase?)
Senate Bill #3 is obviously designed to target the people these legislators hate the most, the working class, white male gun owner.
But the sad fact is that the true victims of Senate Bill 3 will be the very people these anti-gun zealots claim to protect –
· The single mom, struggling to make ends meet working two jobs in need of protection from an abusive husband…
· The disabled vet living on a fixed income in public housing…
· The elderly woman living by herself in a transitional neighborhood in need of some method to ward off the drug- gangbangers and local hoodlums who prey on her and her neighbors as a matter of routine…
Not only does Senate Bill 3 violate the promise of the right to keep and bear arms and the right of EVERYONE to defend self, family and home found in our own Delaware Constitution in Article I Section 20, but because of its economic (and time-requirement) impact it is inherently discriminatory against the poor, the elderly, the disabled, ethnic minorities living in poverty, and women in general.
STOP SENATE BILL 3
SENATE BILL 6
UNCONSTITUTIONAL – EXPENSIVE – NONSENSICAL – DOES NOT PREVENT CRIMINAL VOLIENCE – DEVESTATING FOR COMPETITIVE SHOOTING AND HOME DEFENSE
READ SENATE BILL 6 HERE
READ THE HOUSE AMENDMENT TO SB 6 HERE
Before it was amended Senate Bill 6 was a complete ban on all magazines in excess of 17 rounds totally ignoring the fact that 10’s of thousands of 20 and 30 round rifle magazines are already owned by Delawareans and ignoring the fact that 20 and 30 round magazines are STANDARD for rifles.
Senate Bill 6 creates a government confiscation plan to be offset by a so-called “buy-back” program that (1) may not be funded and (2) if funded, would only pay $10 per magazine and (3) if there’s money, the money is capped at a mere $15,000.
The original Senate Bill 6 was unconstitutional – and they know it – and don’t care!
Violates: Second Amendment of the US Constitution – Article I Section 20 of the Delaware Constitution – violates the “takings clauses of both the US and Delaware Constitutions – violates Due Process requirements under both Constitutions.
The original Senate Bill 6 would have devastated the competitive shooting community and the home defense community.
But the House amended the original bill, removing many of the unconstitutional provisions. The amended version of Senate Bill 6 is still a bad bill, but it is much better than the original bill.
Senate Bill 6 is now back in the Senate awaiting action. The Anti-Gun Crowd is pushing the Senate to strip the House amendments from the bill and send the original back to the House – the amendments they want stripped from the bill would protect the magazines you currently own from confiscation – the Gun-Ban Crowd is all for confiscation.
STOP SENATE BILL 6
CALL TO ACTION
Call your Senator and your Representative Today!
Tell them to:
VOTE NO – SENATE BILL 3
VOTE NO – SENATE BILL 6
To find their email addresses, go to:
Send those emails today and every day until the message gets home!
CALL your Senator and your Representative TODAY!
They’re at home in their districts, they shouldn’t be too hard to find.
DSSA is funded through memberships and donations. Lawsuits are expensive. The only way DSSA can continue to protect your constitutional rights is with your help. Join or donate today.
Thank you for supporting DSSA and thank you for supporting Firearm Freedom here in the First State.
YOUR VOICE IS IMPORTANT – LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD