Sussex County Delaware Republican Party
The Sussex County Republican Committee is the largest of the five regions as outlined by the Delaware Republican Party. All Sussex County voters registered as Republicans with the Board of Elections are members of the Sussex County Republican Committee and are welcome and encouraged to participate in our meetings and activities.
We are a grassroots group who are active in the community and work to elect Republicans who share our values of Inclusiveness, Integrity, Independence, and Individualism. There are many opportunities for members to become involved and assist the party in electing Republicans up and down the state and nationally.
To create an environment that holds dear our God-given rights and fosters an informed and active citizenry.
- Individual ability, dignity, freedom, and responsibility are basic to good government.
- The free enterprise system and the encouragement of individual initiative and incentive are musts for a strong economy.
- Government exists to protect the freedom of each individual, not restrict it.
- Government should get involved only in those things that the people cannot do or cannot do well for themselves.
- Both government and society should assist those who cannot provide for themselves and should help them become self-supporting, productive citizens with pride their independence.
- Equal rights, equal justice, and equal opportunity belong to all regardless of race, creed, color, national origin or sex.
- The preservation of our nation and the security of our citizens depend on every citizen’s respect for the Constitution, the laws and the courts.
- Government must maintain sound monetary system and a responsible economy. The rights of life and liberty are meaningless if citizens are deprived of their property through excessive taxation, inflation, and government waste.
- World peace and friendship will continue through strength
To assemble a constituency that promotes liberty and freedom through organization, education, and mobilization, leading to activism.
Inclusiveness – We welcome all and oppose discrimination based on race, color, spiritual belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, and national origin
Integrity – We subscribe to the highest ethical standards in all of our dealings
Independence – We embrace the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and support a government of, by, and for the people.
Individualism – We support personal freedom, capitalism and limited government.