WILMINGTON, Del. – Governor John Carney on Thursday signed the ninth revision to his COVID-19 emergency order, updating public health requirements for youth and amateur sports.
Under the ninth revision to the COVID-19 order:
· Athletes participating in high-risk sports must wear a face covering at all times. High-risk sports include ice hockey, basketball, tackle football, boys’/men’s lacrosse, wrestling, boxing, rugby, competitive cheer, martial arts, ultimate frisbee, and pairs figure skating.
· Athletes participating in non-high-risk sports outdoors must wear face coverings, except when actively engaged in practice or game play while on the field.
· Athletes from different households must adhere to social distancing and remain six feet apart, except when actively engaged in practice or game play while on the field.
· All coaches, staff, and referees must wear face coverings at all times, including while addressing players or officials on or off the field, when coaching during the game, and during practices, trainings and team meetings.
· Masks continue to be required at all times for all indoor sports and activities. This applies to athletes, coaches, staff, and spectators.